This beautifully fragrant winter warmer soup has a bit of a kick to it. Made with Dr.Coy’s Organic Vegetable Bouillon and other every day cupboard essentials. Suitable for vegetarians.
- 6-8 large carrots (c. 800g) (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 small thumb of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp of Dr. Coy’s Organic Vegetable Bouillon
- 1.2 litre/2 pints water
- 2 tblsp Dr. Coy’s Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Small handful of freshly chopped coriander to garnish
- 50ml of fresh cream (optional) or drizzle of fresh cream to garnish
- Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil, add the shallots and garlic and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ginger, cumin and turmeric and stir together.
- Add the carrots and continue to sauté for a further 6-8 minutes.
- Add two teaspoons of Dr. Coy’s Organic Vegetable Bouillon along with the 2 pints of water and bring to a gentle boil.
- Pop on a lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Add the small handful of fresh coriander or add afterwards as a garnish.
- Season with black pepper.
- Blitz in a blender for 30 seconds in batches, or for a finer consistency, blitz a portion in a Nutribullet.