Starter from our Positive Eating event at Brown Thomas that was specially created for Dr.Coy’s by our chef Carla M. Jones
1 Medium onion (roughly chopped)
1 Celeriac root (peeled and diced)
2 Medium parsnips (peeled and sliced)
300g Rocket leaves
2tsp Dr. Coy’s Vegetable Bouillon
1tsp Dr. Coy’s Coconut Oil
Optional: Natural unsweetened Greek yogurt & pomegranate seeds
• Melt the Coconut oil in a large pot at high temperature. Add in the chopped onion and sauté stirring continuously until the onions are soft and translucent.
• Add the chopped Celeriac and the Chopped Parsnips. Mix everything and leave them for a few
minutes until the vegetables start to stick to the bottom of the pot.
• Add in the water and the Vegetable Bouillon and bring to boil.
• Once boiling, bring heat down to low-medium and let simmer for about 30mins or until the
vegetables appear soft when poked with a fork.
• Once cooked, remove from heat and either carefully puree everything in a blender, or blitz the
soup in the pot using a hand blender, then place the soup back on the heat.
• Add in most of the Rocket, saving some for decoration.
• Let the Rocket cook for 2 min then, blend/blitz for few seconds (just enough to chop the
Rocket, without turning the soup green. The soup should have visible green bits).
• Serve immediately with a dollop of natural Greek yogurt and some grated Parmesan.
Decorate with left over Rocket leaves. Pomegranate seeds will add a lovely dash of colour.
Recipes have been created by Carla M. Jones, Chef and Nutrition, Health & Wellness Coach. Carla helps her clients find an enjoyable and permanent way to reach nutrition and health goals so as to achieve their Optimal Health.
- Find her services, recipes and health tips at www.theoptimalhealthfactor.com
- Follow Carla on Facebook
- Twitter @carlamjones