Looking for ways of getting more nutritious veggies into your kids? Try making this Nomato sauce – Yes, it’s a tomato passata with no tomato in it! It tastes devine in pastas and on pizza.
You can make larger batches of it and freeze in ice cube trays.
You will need:
• 6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp of olive oil
• 1 large beetroot, coarsely grated
• 3 carrots, coarsely grated
• 2 celery stalks, coarsely grated
• 1 tbsp of fresh oregano, finely chopped
• 40g of pitted black kalamata olives
• 500ml of ready made Dr.Coys Organic Vegetable Bouillon
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
On low heat cook the garlic, shallots, beetroot, celery and carrots for about 10 minutes in olive oil. Add the oregano and the stock, bring to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Pour into a blender, add the olives and lemon juice and blend until smooth. Store in a sealed container for a week in the fridge or 6 month in the freezer.